It’s that time of the year when most everyone is busy with holiday preparations. There are places to go, things to buy, friends to visit, food to make and love to share. I love the fall but I also enjoy the way it transitions into the holidays – Christmas and New Year, in particular. In between feeds, diaper changes and play, I’ve been able to find some time to myself to create and decorate Scarlett. Today was very productive. I promise pictures soon, the winter light moves so quickly. Here’s what I did:
- put up fresh wreath on front door
- put up felt garland
- made a mason jar lantern for the porch
- moved several prints from their current spots
- changed out old prints for new Charley Harper ones to place in S’s room
- put up artificial wreath indoors
- laundry (clean sheets!)
The tree is still bare, it just needs to be straightened a little and adjusted now that the boughs have settled. We got some boughs from the lower part of the tree that needed to be cut out. I am thinking of projects for those. I think I’ll make some swags for above the kitchen window and maybe the stairway where we will hang our stockings. I need to find some stocking holders. I am still on the hunt for Sagan’s stocking.
We are still behind with shopping for presents but vow to have them done this weekend. These days it feels like Christmas is racing by. I wish it would slow down a little. I would really like to bake some treats too so I’ll have to plan well.
Some cools finds lately:
- Crazy about Pinterest lately, there is so much inspiration there. And pinning something on my board is like digital collecting without worrying about storage!
- You might remember that we got rid of our fire place so Mike could put his BA tv above it. This virtual fireplace might keep us cozy.
- One of my new favorite blogs – Hello Bee
- If you use Instagram to share your photos, FollowMe lets folks follow your Instagram pics online. Here’s my Instagram/FollowMe site.
- I love the organic feel of these bangles. Lately gold has been growing on me. Hmm….not sure what to think about that.
- I’ve been wanting to try my hand at screen printing, here is a cool tutorial on how to screen print on a budget
- This is the first year I am trying out mini LED Battery Operated Christmas lights, I’ll see how long the batteries last on these.