20 random facts about me, thanks to Kisane.
1. I love rice. If I don’t eat rice for a few days, I will start to crave those luscious soft fragrant grains. I could eat plain rice just like that.
2. My dream job used to be a radio dj/presenter. Folks I know always said I have a good voice. It’s not strong but it’s definitely good to listen to.
3. My favorite fruit is any fruit that is tart and sweet at the same time. That means the favorite changes every season.
4. I have a waffle obsession. My favorite waffle would be one that has vanilla ice cream and strawberry sauce on top.
5. I live a double-life – my dreams are sometimes continued from the previous night. It’s like starring in my own movie. Except, the director doesn’t give me a script ahead of time.
6. When I was single, I always fell asleep to the sounds of late night radio shows. In the morning while getting ready for school, I’ll be tuning in too.
7. I love a good glass of something to drink to unwind but I usually never make it past 2 drinks. The pleasure is gone after the 2nd one, I don’t know why.
8. I used to be in Strawberry Shortcake’s fan club.
9. When I was 12, I passed an entrance exam to go to school in London.
10. At 16, the boy that a friend was trying to hook me up with, fell for a good friend. I was heartbroken for about 3 days. No, not for the boy but because my friends pretended to hide it from me.
11. I allowed myself to think that I needed to go for a writing class. The irony was that I had already made it into graduate school.
12. I am still looking for my dream job. I have hope.
13. I enjoy coloring books. Coloring is therapeutic for me.
14. A willow tree stands outside our house.
15. From my office window, I can see a homeless man make his home on the side of the highway.
16. I enjoy eating crab but I like the ritual of removing the crab meat from its shell even more.
17. I’m not very sociable. I would rather have a quiet dinner with close friends than be at a busy everyone-was-there party.
18. I know I’m all about my teas but I really love coffee too.
19. The boy who followed me around in kindergarten wouldn’t even look my way when we were teenagers and I bumped into him on the bus ride home.
20. I have astigmatism.